@HOUZZ — Content Producer and Project Manager
Jan 2017 - Jan 2019
During my time at Houzz I was involved with a myriad of projects outside my day-to-day tasks. The most significant projects I lead were;
- Sourced a (wonderfully helpful) contact within our Research Engineer team in Silicon Valley, who had just joined Houzz from Google. I interviewed him, then proposed my ideas and research on optimising our Machine Learning process to eliminate the touchpoints involved in categorising our 1m+ products.
- Identified and presented an IA process restructure to the board of stakeholders, incidentally increasing the Content and Localisation teams’ productivity by 600%.
- Identified, produced, and implemented an intranet for the 300+ E-Commerce employees in Europe, boosting cross-department communication.
- Collaborated with EU & US Logistics teams to create a system and dashboard for processing customs forms, implementing data and email fuelled automation.
- Was instrumental in bringing visual technology products in ML/AI from the US to EU/UK site/s (including Houzz’s groundbreaking apps; View in My Room 3D and Visual Match).
- Ran weekly design history classes for colleagues of a technical background who were interested in learning about interiors, furniture and architecture.
- Identified and took onboard the project of internal enforcement of the UK’s new commercial furniture/replica copyright laws in 2017.